Home improvements

Apart from painting and decorating you must have our written permission before carrying out any alterations or improvements to your home. You will need to give us details of the work you want to do and who will be doing the work.

We will not normally refuse permission unless it will make the property less safe, decrease its value, or add maintenance costs.

If you are disabled or seriously ill, we may be able to help you with an adaptation to help you get around your home.

When you move out

If you have made any alterations or improvements, check with us to see if you are expected to leave them in place or return the property to its original condition before you leave. Any missing fixtures will need to be replaced.

Any work needed to get your home back to its original state must be carried out by a professional tradesperson (or a Gas Safe registered engineer for gas appliances/installation).