Rent increase 2024/2025

rent faqs

From 1st April 2024, the amount of rent you pay will increase.

We sent letters to all customers in February with details of what this means for you. Further information and answers to frequently asked questions can be found below.

Secure Tenants do not have their rents increased by this process and are not affected at this time.

If you are in receipt of Universal Credit, we need to verify your rent from 1st April 2024.

To do this you need to complete the ‘confirm your housing costs’ option in your Universal Credit account on or after 1st April 2024.

Please do not use the 'change of circumstances' option.

We anticipate this process may take up to 28 days due to the high volume of other tenants needing to do this. There is no need to contact us.

What do I need to do?

  • When should I pay my rent?

    The rent should be paid on Monday for the week ahead. If you do not do this, your account will be in debt and we will send you arrears letters.

    If you pay your rent monthly, your rent should be paid one month in advance.

  • How do I pay my rent?

    Our preferred payment method is by Direct Debit. You can set this up at myhomeonline. Alternatively you can download a form from our website or call us on 0300 123 6000 to set one up over the phone.

  • Pay with your Tablet or Smartphone

    You can now download an app to your tablet, PC, or smartphone from the app store. Search for allpay and download the app. You will be able to set up a payment facility using your reference number from the allpay payment card together with your debit or credit card. For more information check out the allpay website at allpay_app

    Pay at

    Pay online using your debit or credit card on the allpay website. You will need to follow the onscreen instructions and have your swipe card numbers to hand.

  • Can I pay my rent using on-line banking?

    If you have access to your bank or building society account using a PC you can choose to pay your bill using home banking.

    Please quote our bank account sort code 20-25-93, account number 10476021 and your customer reference number. If you do not quote your customer reference number when setting up your payment, credit to your account will be delayed.

  • Can I use my Allpay swipe card to pay my rent?

    Yes.  You can use your Allpay swipe card anywhere you see these logos.

  • Can I pay my rent via the 24-hour automated payment line?

    Call us on 0300 123 6000 using our 24-hour automated payment line, using your debit or credit card, quoting your rent reference numbers from your allpay swipe card

  • I pay my rent by Direct Debit. Do I need to do anything?

    You don’t need to worry; your Direct Debit will be adjusted automatically by our Income team – you don’t have to do anything.

  • I pay my rent by Standing Order do I need to do anything?

    Yes, you will need to adjust your standing order. You will need to work out your updated payment amount based on your new rent and service charges. If you would like help to work this out, please contact our Income team who will be happy to help you.

Universal Credit

  • Do I need to do anything if I am receiving Universal Credit?

    You will need to let the DWP know that your rent has increased, if you don’t let them know they will continue paying last year’s rent amount

    ·       You can log into your UC account as normal via the UC website:
    ·       Click on the ‘To-do list’ tab. e Click on ‘Report any changes to your housing costs’ and provide the new charges for your property. You will have received a letter from us informing you of your new charges. If you are unsure, please contact your Income Officer who will be able to confirm the charges.
    ·       When you have completed the ‘to-do’ there should be an entry in your journal confirming this.

    Please complete your rental increase via the to-do list and not from the ‘report a change’ tab.

    Please only update your journal on or in the day or two after the date of the rent increase

Housing Benefit

Your rent charges

  • What if I don't agree with the new rent charge?

    If you have a query in relation to your 2024/25 service charge, please contact us by 15 March 2024 so that we can investigate your concerns.

    Email: Please include your name, address and contact details.

  • How is my rent spent?

    We provide a breakdown of how the rent money is spent in our Annual Report to Residents, which we publish annually. You can view the Annual Report to Residents here.


  • What if I can't afford the increase?

    If you are struggling to pay your rent, please talk to us. We are here to help. We have our own Money Matters team. They can provide help and support to increase your income and reduce your expenditure. They can also signpost you to organisations who offer free, independent money and debt advice. If you would like to speak to a member of our Money Matters team, please call them on 0300 123 6000 or email If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, your benefit will increase with your rent.

  • I can't find the answer to my question?

    If you have any other questions regarding your rent or service charges please contact us by emailing:

  • What if I need support?

    If you are struggling to pay your rent or service charge there may be other organisations that can offer you advice and support.  Please see the document below for further details.